I recently purchased very cheaply a Nokia Bluetooth headset, that being HDW-3 , to see what it was like with the phone. Now first a few specs on the device….
- supports the Bluetooth Headset and Handsfree profiles, as well as Bluetooth 1.1 and 1
- Active link indication with LED light
- Security: Encrypted link
- Weight: 25 g
- Bluetooth Compliance: Bluetooth 1.2 specification, 2.45 GHz ISM band, frequency hopping 79 channels Best price at welectronics.com
- Operating Range Up to 10 metres
- Connection: Point-to-point
- Paired Devices: Up to 8, one at a time
- Operating Temperature: -15°C up to +55°C
- Talk Time: Up to 5 hours
- Standby Time: Up to 120 hours
- Battery: Rechargeable 170 mAh NiMH battery, user changeable
- Compatible Nokia Chargers: ACP-7, ACP-8, ACP-9, ACP-12, LCH-12
- Charging Time: Up to 2 hours
In the box: Nokia Wireless Headset HDW-3, rechargeable 170 NiMH battery, 3 extra different sized ear loops.
Ok So whats it like with the phone??
Well its very easy to setup once you have the bluetooth connection live all you need to do is pair it up and then your all set.
The quality of the sound isnt that good but then this is the first model to come out in 2004 and i got it fairly cheaply.
Ive even got it to play music through it , allthough its not worth it really as again the sound quality let you down in the end.
For a basic headset to simply answer and receive calls it does the job , voice commands ( or Voice Tags) work well, but you havnt got that many options , only being able to tell it which profile to use , go online or off line, and thats about it.
Anyway , its spurred me on to having a look around for other Bluetooth headsets that are available and was wondering if anyone had any good experiences with the phone??